Costa Rica is such a beautiful colorful country, which makes it the perfect place to live in and paint. Some say light and colors are brighter hither and use that to express themselves as artists.

In that location are many artists that come from other countries, and of course, there many Costa Rican artists with a special sense of creativity. Of class, it's non easy to live off of 1'southward art. And then nearly of us accept to work and be resourceful in other means to make a living.
Here we share a more intimate view of the artists. In their own words, sharing what inspires them.

Experience free to contact them straight if yous are interested in meeting them and viewing their piece of work.

I recommended visiting the ateliers or workshops of some artists if y'all are interested in finding a special piece of Costa Rican art during your travels. And if you are building a home, or accept one already, you lot might find the perfect piece to fill your walls or those empty spaces in your domicile.

Artists' names and their contact information are below, so y'all tin can contact them after y'all fall in dearest.

costa-rica-artists-to-know

Quick Links

  • Jamie Koss - Samara
  • Paul DaCosta - Nosara
  • Helga Denoth - Nicoya
  • Rubén Soza - Nicoya
  • Emilce Molina Varela - San Ramon
  • Ana Broennimann - San Jose
  • Armando del Vecchio - Escazu
Program and estimate costs of your next trip to Costa rica by calculation itinerary options, select adaptation type and dates to calculate costs of your adjacent vacation.

Jaime Koss

Jaime lives in beautiful, quaint Samara beach; his home and gallery are in front of the bounding main. His piece of work represents figures and forms in movement, music, colour, and life.

"In my paintings, I want to express the astonishment of being a continuous fragmented witness on the wonders of life forms. In powerful colors and lines dancing all over the canvas, I create a metaphor of the eternal dances of children, women, musicians with their instruments and notations, plants, animals, flowers, constellations all of them with calligraphic rhythms.

I mix and remix them, simplify and pack them with expressive and bright colors captured past pretentious engraved lines. I'grand astonished and tantalized past the cosmic dances around me, capturing these feelings keeps my art decorated. If I wake a smile in you from my canvasses, I'll be happy."

Paul DaCosta

This is an creative person who makes music, color, and sail to express his emotions. His music makes you experience the gratuitous spirit of life as he is one of the near reputable DJ'southward in Nosara.

His paintings are an abstract visual of oceans and forests, deep feelings, green and bluish.

"I am painting my dream states. The places where I visit when I travel in my mind. It calms me down, helps me admission the invisible world. And, I don't even make any decision about whether such a thing exists or non."

Paul_Da_Costa-CostaRica

incosta-rica-app-video

Get More Out of Costa Rica

InCostaRica Mobile App

Helga Denoth

Built-in in Switzerland, Helga moved to Republic of costa rica in 1994. She now lives and works at Casa de Arte in Curime de Nicoya where she feels at home.

Helga is a contemporary artist. She has a wonderful gallery and a sculpture garden. Her work is very colorful and carries a sense of humor in each piece.

"Ever since I was able to think, color became an important function of my life. My work comes from my soul. I express my feelings using color and shapes."

Rubén Soza

Rubén is a immature artist, and he expresses his dear and pride to his ain state by painting Cost Rican landscape, culture, and life. He is from Nicoya where he was born and resides with his family.

"Traditions, farms, agronomics and the ways of living and working here in Guanacaste; the history and culture surrounded by nature is the main subject of my work."

Emilce Molina Varela

Emilce is an artist who loves to experiment with acrylic colors on the sail. She was born and still lives in San Ramon. Her husband supports her creative journeying and her kids are her inspiration.

"Since very young, I accept had the feeling that I demand to pigment, that I am an artist. When I am painting I feel like I can fly and it makes me forget about worries and troubles of life. I want the viewer to feel like he is inside of this imaginary earth when looking at my paintings."

Ana Broennimann

Ana moved from México and now lives and works in San José. She loves painting nature and includes many colorful flowers and plants in her paintings.

"I started painting 27 years ago, and presently it became a shelter and the method of expressing my feelings while being far away from my home country, Mexico. I moved to Costa Rica together with my husband from Switzerland, a nationality I acquired after on.

The exuberant nature inspired me to take the determination of changing my job as an architect to devote myself to art, since I already knew several painting techniques from my years equally a university student. Thereafter, I was able to do what I honey every day while staying at domicile to take care of my son, who drew me closer to the identify he was born.

Our pocket-size family's outlook and perspective of the world turned broader and richer; together nosotros learned to discover our surround while I had the privilege of working in a homely surroundings. My paintings were created forth with the loving gaze of my son and the constant support of my husband, thus naturally permeating my work with enthusiasm and gratitude for life."

Armando del Vecchio

Armando works equally a professional person photographer. His journeying takes him all over Republic of costa rica and the world.

He is a true creative person, taking the camera and showing y'all what he sees through the lens. Sharing shots of nature and the body, converging them into a beautiful landscape.

His work doesnt stop there, eis also a professional lensman for rent. (Aerial / Architecture / Interior Design / Gastronomy / Landscape / Nature Lifestyle / Real Estate / Weddings / Wellness / Spa.)

In his own words Armando describes himself as a lover of low-cal and apprentice of life.

"Life is but little moments."